Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Scraplift

In case you haven't noticed by now, I'm a big fan of Kelly Goree. I love her clean, layered style. I love the way she enhances her layouts with the snip of her scissor or the stroke of her pen. I guess you can say that she is one of my scrapbooking idols. LOL! Anyway, whenever I look through her on-line galleries, I never see a layout that I don't want to copy. Naturally, when I came across a layout she did in 2008 using Basic Grey's Granola line I though, "I can scrap lift that!" Although I have already used papers from this pad, I still had a lot left collecting dust in my scrap closet. So it made sense to "scraplift" Kelly since she uses five or six pieces of patterned paper in a single layout. So drum roll please.....here is Kelly's layout:


Here is my scrap lift:



As you can see, I only made several minor changes. First, I changed the page size to a 12 x2. Next, I made my title two lines to accommodate the over sized Pink Paislee letters I wanted to use. I did not have all of the same stickers that Kelly had so I incorporated brown rub-ons in the lower corner and next to the brown letters.


Finally, I moved my journaling from the cream strip to a journaling spot that I created using a Unity I won on the Paper Crafts magazine blog.


Journaling reads: Melissa, you always complained about being the youngest in the family. Then Thomas came along and you became the big cousin!


Well I hope you enjoyed the Unofficial Kelly Goree Week here on my blog as much as I did. I have some other class layouts to finish (just need pictures) as well as a few scrap lifts I'm itching to do so I'm sure you'll be seeing more layouts inspired by Kelly. In the meantime, you can check out her blog at: http://kellygoree.blogspot.com/.

Supplies:
Patterned Papers/Sticker Elements: Basic Grey (Granola)
Chipboard Letters: Pink Paislee (Weathered Wood - Cotton)
Rub-Ons: Pink Paislee (Enchanting); Fancy Pants (Bright Alphas)
Stamp: Unity
Ink: Ranger (coffee)
Pen: Stampin' Up (Chocolate Chip)

2 comments:

Virginia L. said...

LOVE your scrap lift! Sometimes it's best to learn from the rope...scrapbooking is HARD to me. You did a fantastic job, Linda! I really like the woodgrain background in this!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant website, I hadn't come across eterno-lyyours.blogspot.com previously in my searches!
Continue the superb work!