Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Another June Bug Layout

Okay so it's officially Day Two of the Unofficial Kelly Goree Week on my blog. Today, I have another layout from the June Bug Triple Double class that I took last year. The June Bug collection is predominantly primary colors.

Leave it to Kelly to create a pastel layout by using the B side of this very busy floral paper.

Here's the layout:

Doesn't this layout have such a different look from the one I posted yesterday? You would never even know it was from the same collection. I just heart two-sided papers for that reason!
Another thing that Kelly did to give this layout a unique look is to use the chipboard elements from Basic Grey's Offbeat collection. I love mixing and matching manufacturers and collections in my own designs since I seldom buy an entire collection. :(

In the original design, Kelly used four 3.25 x 4.75 pictures. However, since I was using old prints from film, I had three vertical and one horizontal picture. I tried scanning the one picture but the integrity of the colors were lost. After pondering many solutions, I decided to move the word "sublime" onto the yellow mat. To fill up the space on top of the photos I drew in a trail for the butterfly with my white Signo pen.

Come back tomorrow for a look at how I took Kelly's design for a one page layout and made it a double page layout.
Supplies:
Patterned Paper/Stickers: Basic Grey (June Bug)
Chipboard: Basic Grey (Offbeat)
Pen: Signo Gel Pen (White)

No comments: