Tuesday, July 6, 2010

June Bug Layout

If you ever get the opportunity to take a class designed by Kelly Goree, do it! Kelly is uber talented and designs the most beautiful layouts. After I took her class at Scrapbook Expo in 2009, I began to think about paper in a whole new way. (Alright, so the fact that I think about paper at all may be a sign that I need a 12-step program but you scrappers out there know what I mean.) Anyway, take this June Bug paper for example:

When I saw it in the class kit, I hoped we were going to use only the B side. We don't have any pets so what would I possibly do with any of those pups on a page. Well here's the page designed by Kelly:

I don't think I ever would have scrapped those pictures let alone have created such a whimsical page. In fact, I would have neglected those doggone cute pups and just used the dots on any page I created on my own but Kelly Goree is the Queen of Fussy Cutting. And, those two pups...

...really make this page (and yesterday's card) so doggone cute!

In addition to fussy cutting, I noticed how Kelly likes to doodle around the edge of the page. No machine sewing here. Just draw a quick free-hand line and Voila, the layout is grounded. Love this easy technique.
I took another class designed by Kelly at Scrapbook Expo this year. Unfortunately, she didn't teach it but the designs were equally as fabulous. I'll share those later this week. I guess I'll officially make it the Unofficial Kelly Goree Week on my blog. LOL!

Supplies:
Paper, Stickers, Brads: Basic Grey
Pen: Stampin' Up (Black)
Tools: EK Success Corner Rounder punch

No comments: