Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Adventure in the Everglades

Today, I have a hybrid layout to share. I made it using a digital collage that I created on Riteaid.com. While I found the site a little more difficult to navigate than Shutterfly or Snapfish, I thought the collage mode was great since it allowed me move pictures around once the original collage was made. It was printed on Fuji paper and the quality is good. The cost was $2.99 which I thought was reasonable. I got it for free with a coupon which is even better! Anyway, here's my layout:

Since the photos were all together on one 8x10-inch collage, the rest of the page came together pretty quickly. I tore the edges of my patterned paper strips to make them look more natural and fit in with the theme of the page. After adhering those to the background paper, I affixed my collage. Photo corners in the upper and lower right-hand corners keep the collage mat grounded. Because there was a lot of white -- or in this case blue -- space in the lower corner, I stamped some greenery and dragonflies using Hero Arts stamps.

For added emphasis, I cut out two dragonflies and popped them on the page. I ran my title across the bottom photos for added interest. I've always wanted to do this but never had the right photos.

Journaling reads: The thrilling fan boat tour of the Florida Everglades was a highlight of our trip to Marco Island. Skimming the surface of the water as we raced through mangrove creeks was just like a scene out of CSI Miami!

Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Pink Paislee (Captivating); Basic Grey (Mellow); My Mind's Eye (Quite Contrary); Making Memories (Passport)
Stamps: Hero Arts (Real Flowers; Antique Engraving; Trees, Birds & Messages)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Shabby Shutters, Walnut Stain)
Letters: American Crafts Thickers (Rocketeer/Leaf)
Canvas Embellishment: Making Memories (Passport)

No comments: