Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Intrepid

Just nine days to go until my annual trip to the Creating Keepsakes Convention in Valley Forge. To make room for all of the new goodies I plan to buy, I've been trying to use my stash more. The layout I am sharing today, uses the Basic Grey's Boxer collection which I bought at my first CKC in 2008. I was actually planning to buy Pink Paislee's new Starlight collection for these pictures but I felt a little guilty about buying a red, white and blue collection when I had this one in my closet. So here's my layout:

The kraft background paper is from Jillibean Soup. (I bought it at Scrapbook Expo in 2009.) JS makes the warmest color kraft papers. I must remember to pick some more up next week. The only piece of new paper on this layout is the white ledger paper from Basic Grey's Basics collection.

I have been wanting to create a banner for a scrapbook page for a while now and I thought that this layout finally gave me the perfect opportunity since the banner would mimic the flags on the ship. I cut the triangles for my banner using the George and Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge. At first, I made all eight triangles using a one-inch cut but some of my letters (notably the "n" and the "d") wouldn't fit. To remedy the situation, I cut four more triangles using a 1.25-inch cut and alternated big and small triangles on my banner.

For added interest, I popped a star on the sticker embellishment. I also used the scraps from my star-punched border to decorate the page.

I didn't journal on this page because I don't remember all of the details of this day in August 2001. What I do remember is how we had planned to go to the World Trade Center later in the day but by the time we finished up at the Intrepid, everyone was tired so we decided to wait for another day. Sadly that day never came. I'm not sure whether or not I should journal this. (If I do, it will be handwritten journaling on the white ledge strip.) What do you think?

Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey (Boxer, Basics); Jillibean Soup (Cup of Yak)
Stickers: Basic Grey (Boxer)
Tools: Fiskars Border Punch (Scallop); Martha Stewart Border Punch (Stars); Cricut Cartridge (George and Basic Shapes)
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (numbers from For the Graduate)
Ink: Stampin' Up! (Night of Navy)

1 comment:

Janie Printz said...

Beautiful layouts & great pictures.
Janie