Monday, July 12, 2010

Lucy's Cards: Button Challenge

If you are like me, sometimes you need a little challenge to jump start your creativity. So, while I had the basic idea for this card in my head, when I saw this...

I knew just what I had to do to jazz up this masculine card: add a few buttons. Here's my card:


I started with a 4.75" square card. Using my square punch, I punched out squares from a Mini Deck of Cosmo Crickets' The Boyfriend collection. (I love these papers for teen or masculine cards. ) I also cut out a square of scrap paper and, using removable adhesive, I adhered it to the exact spot where I wanted to place my window. Then, all I had to do to cut my window was align the punch with the pre-cut square. Easy Peasy! Next, i affixed my four patterned paper squares - three to the outside and one to the inside of the card. To attach the ribbon, I knotted the ribbon on the left-hand side and attached a button on top of the knot. For the small piece on the right, I used Glossy Accents to hold down the ends on the inside of the card. I also used Glossy Accents to glue down my buttons. Here's a a better look at the window and ribbon:

Finally, I stamped my two sentiments -- the one you can see through the window as well as the one on the inside of the card. Give or take a few minutes, this was easily a ten minute card -- if you don't count the time I spent designing it in my head. LOL!

To see other cards created for this challenge, visit Lucy's Cards at http://hedgehogsandladybirds.blogspot.com/2010/07/lucys-cards-challenge-12-and-challenge.html

Supplies:
Card Stock: Stampin' Up! (Naturals Ivory)
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket (The Boyfriend)
Stamps: Hero Arts (Trees, Birds & Messages; Happiness Messages)
Ink: Ranger (Jet Black)
Ribbon: American Crafts
Tools: Marvy Uchida punch (Giga Square)
Buttons: from my stash

3 comments:

Virginia L. said...

GREAT card for the Button challenge, Linda! You are so creative to come up with this fabulous design!

Lucy Abrams said...

What a clever card - love the window, and of course the buttons. thanks for entering my challenge. :)

papertrails leaver said...

your card is so chic! Love the square window you made!