Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Passion for Purple

I am not much of a purple person. Plum, maybe. Eggplant, definitely yes. But lilac, lavender and plain old purple have never been my thing. However, like most girls her age, Melissa has a passion for purple. So when it came to making a birthday card, I reluctantly pulled out my purple inks and began stamping. Here's my card:


Using Papertrey Ink's Dot Spot stamp, I inked the stamp with the lighter purple. Then, I "kissed" the edges of the stamp with the darker purple and stamped. I love how the two colors mixed where they met on the stamp and created a third purple. Here's a close-up:

I stamped my sentiment using Papertrey Ink's Fillable Frames. I just love this concept. To finish off the card, I added a little bling to the center of the spots and the corners of the sentiment.
So as I'm seeing some sneak peaks of products from the upcoming CHA, I'm noticing a LOT of purple. Who knew I'd be ahead of the trend. I only hope there's some plum and eggplant in the new lines!

Supplies:
Card Stock: Papertrey Ink (White)
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Dot Spot; Fillable Frames #1)
Inks: Stampin' UP! (Orchid Opulence; Lovely Lilac)
Bling: Recollections
Tools: EK Success (Corner Rounder)
Fibers: DMC Floss

1 comment:

Virginia L. said...

Congrats, Linda, for having this beauty featured in CARDS blog! Way to go!!