Friday, July 18, 2008

Zero to Sixty

Or should I have called this post What I Did for Love? Anyone who knows me knows that I am deathly afraid of rollercoasters so when Melissa wanted to go on Rock 'n Rollercoaster in Disney last summer, I was hoping that Sal would go. Sal doesn't like corkscrews so I did what all good mothers would do -- I swallowed my fears and went with Melissa and our friends, Amanda and Sandra.



The journaling reads: Melissa wasn't afraid so I had to overcome my fear of going ZERO TO SIXTY in 2.8 seconds. And overcome my fears I did! This is now my favorite ride at Disney! (We did eventually get Sal to go on the ride too.) I really don't do that many scrapbook layouts about myself but I'm glad I did this one.


I wrapped my journaling around the page to mirror the speed of the ride and

went over the swooshes with my white Signo Uni-ball to make them look more like a freehand doodle. This also made the guitar (which was cut from another piece of patterned paper) stand out. Also, for those of you who have seen this layout in person, I felt that it needed a little something extra so I added bling to the guitar.
Ingredients: DCWV cardstock; DCWV Rockstar patterned paper; DCWV Rockstar letters; SU! chocolate chip marker; white Signo Uni-ball pen.



2 comments:

Niki Estes said...

Great layout! I love the colors and the story, too!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

This lay out is great but the fact that you did it FOR YOUR GIRL is what makes the page so special! What a mom..what a mom!!