Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Thank You, Thank You!

I just wanted to thank you for visiting my blog and thought it would be appropriate to share some thank you cards I made. My inspiration for these were the thank you embellishments which I found on sale at JoAnn's. Since I'm not one to pass up a sale, I planned my card around them. I just love how brown and green look together. And, that color combination always makes me think of a story that Sal tells about his mother. Apparently, when he first started working and had to match his ties to his suits, he asked his mother if his green tie went with his brown suit. She answered, "Look at the trees and tell me if green goes with brown." Thankfully Sal's office switched to business casual several years ago!


Okay, here are the cards:




I just love how inking the edges with brown gives the paper added dimension.








Ingredients: K&Company patterned paper; The Paper Company Heritage Colors card stock; Anna Griffin brown ink; Michael's ribbon; Fiskars circle cutter; Autumn Leaves Scribbles Alphabet Clear Stamps (letter "o"); Stampin Up! Scallop Circle Punch; Martha Stewart Simple Scallop Edge Punch (last card only).

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Enjoyed looking at your blog and all of your creations. Very pretty!

Donna said...

I was the lucky recipient of the thank you card pictured on top (the one with the dots). It looks even nicer than the photo!

"Born in the USA" was a great addition to the playlist.