Thursday, July 3, 2008

The 4th (and 5th) of July

Nobody celebrates Independence Day like my friend, Lissette. She and her husband, Richard, host a huge July 4th party. Every year we celebrate with them on the 4th and eat leftovers with them on the 5th. When I won a Studio G Fourth of July stamp set in a RAK, I just knew that I had to make a card for her! Here it is:





At first the card had a solid white band under the ribbon but then I saw Erica Hettwer's card on the Creating Keepsakes message board (http://creatingkeepsakes.com/mb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=99947&sid=e06d85f0c3ae459d991999e48a59683f), and I knew I had to add the stars.

Ingredients: DCWV Cardstock; PP from my stash; Studio G stamp; Stampin Up! Real Red ink; MM brads; Fiskars Threading Water punch, Michael's star punch; Nestabilities, Michael's ribbon.

2 comments:

Beverley Todd said...

thanks for joining in with the stars n stripes challenge - good luck in the poll vote!

scrappyhappy08 said...

All of your cards look great!!!! So cute!!!!