Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Seems Like Yesterday

It seems like yesterday that my sister, Diane, married Frank, her college sweetheart. Well it's been 25 years! Here's the card I made to mark the occasion:

I didn't have a fancy cake stamp so I made my own with three different stamp sets. First I masked the candles on the cake in the Stampin' Up! Birthday Whimsey set. I wanted the cake plate to sit on a pedestal so I inked up some swirls from the Autumn Leaves Swirls V:I set. I added the numbers by Studio G last. I traced the "25" and pedestal with a shimmer that I bought at a scrapbook show last year. I ran the patterned paper through my Cuttlebug to emboss it and I think it's just the something extra that the card needed.
I've been on a cardmaking kick lately but I promise to post some scrap pages later this week.
Additional Ingredients: Bazzil cardstock; K & Company patterned paper: Stylized Flowers Cuttlebug embossing folder; Colorbox Petal Point ink; Eyelet Outlet photo corners; Heidi Swapp Bling rhinestones; ribbon from my stash.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Congratulations on your blog! You are doing a great job. I like the three decorations on the cake. I thought the rhinestones were brads at first. Good idea. Looking forward to more of your work. By the way, this is very convenient for me because I can just look back at your blog for ideas. I love the music too!

-Christine

Dawn Easton said...

First of all, Congratulations to your sister and her husband...wow 25 years!!!

Your card is beautiful and very well thought out. Using all those different stamps to acheive a fabulous look!

Thanks for playing along with us at the OCC!

Cindy Haffner said...

So pretty.