Friday, July 25, 2008

Feeling hot! Hot! Hot!

I finally got a heat embossing tool and immediately had to make a card with it. I'm a little behind on my cardmaking (you know, the ol' shoemaker's children have no shoes syndrome!) so I decided it was time I made a graduation card for my friend's daughter. I used her school colors and heat embossed the initial of her alma mater. The design is from this week's Card Positioning Systems challenge (http://cardpositioningsystems.blogspot.com/2008/07/cps-74-brought-to-you-by-just-rite.html). Here it is:




Here's a close-up:


I just loved watching the the dustlike embossing powder turn all slick and shiney. I wish I could do that to the dust that is gathering on my furniture! Anyway, I think I'm going to be playing with this alot in the coming days!!

Ingredients: Valuepack cardstock; K&Company patterned paper; SU! Small Alphabet; SU! Headline Alphabet; SU! Real Red ink; Versamark Watermark stamp pad; Stamp 'N Stuff Clear embossing powder; eyelets from EyeLet OutLet; Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder; Dashes Dots & Checks ribbon.

3 comments:

Keri Lee Sereika said...

What can I say "this is hot"....LOL I love the BRIGHT color on here!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week!!!

Laura Williams said...

i ABSOLUTELY LOVE this. I might have to borrow this idea with my giant alpha stamps!!! (The ones i love, but hardly ever take out!) The colors, the bow, the dots. . .this is AWESOME!

Pamela Smerker said...

Great card!! i love the polka dots and of course the eyelets, thanks for submitting to our contest over at Lets blog!