Tuesday, July 1, 2008

It's a Wrap!

No, I'm not throwing the towel in after writing my blog for only one day! Rather, I want to share the little gift bag I made to wrap the year-end present for Melissa's teacher. I can't take credit for the idea. That goes to Diana Gibbs at Stamping with Di. Her Box in a Bag tutorial can be found here: http://dianagibbs.typepad.com/stampin_with_di/2008/06/box-in-a-bag-tutorial.html. Her other tutorials are worth checking out also. I especially love how she uses a fork (yes, I said fork!) to tie a perfect bow.


Anyway, here's the Box in a Bag I made. I made mine taller and changed the handle since I didn't have a round tab punch.




Here's a close-up of the handle and flowers:

Now, are you wondering what was inside? It was a Vera Bradley apron in the blue and green Daisy Daisy pattern. (See it here:http://www.verabradley.com/Site/Store/ProductDetail.aspx?Sku=10317.) Melissa's teacher loves Vera Bradley and is getting married this summer so I thought it was the perfect gift. Needless to say, I was thrilled to have the wrapping coordinate with the gift!

Ingredients: K&Company paper; SU! Delight in Life stamp; SU! Whisper White ink; Fiskars Threading Water border punch; Dashes Dots and Checks ribbon.





1 comment:

Kristin said...

I love this bag. What a great idea!