Saturday, March 22, 2014

Sweet Sixteen!

I have a Sweet 16 card to share tonight in honor of Melissa's birthday yesterday. It's still hard to believe that my little girl is 16! Here she is ready to blow out her candle at a small celebration at her favorite restaurant with her friends.

So, back to today's card. It actually is one I made for her friend's birthday last month. It uses one of my favorite stamps sets, Papertrey Ink's Rosie Posie. You really can't make a bad card with this beautiful set. Here's the card:


I stamped a Hero Arts background stamp on the card base. After cutting the white cardstock down by 1/4 inch on all sides, I stamped a spray of leaves across the top. Next, I die cut the blooms from the same pink cardstock. For the flower's main image, I used an ink that coordinated with the pink cardstock. Then the darker accents were stamped with the same ink I used for the background. I adhered the flowers to the panel, popping the small ones on foam dimensional squares.  I put my Cricut to use to cut the word "Sweet." The cut file can be found on the Calligraphy Collection cartridge.Actually, it's part of a
phrase but I stopped my machine when the word I needed was complete. I adhered the word using a glue pen and added Thickers for the "16." Here's a closer look at the details.


So, do you have a go-to stamp set that never fails you? Leave a comment to let me know your favorite.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Stampin' Up (Pink Pirouette); Bazzill Card Shoppe(Marshmallow);
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Rosie Posie; Rosie Posie Step 2; Turning a New Leaf); Hero Arts (Snow Dots);
Ink: Stampin' Up! (Pink Pirouette) Papertrey Ink (Hibiscus Burst; Ripe Avocado;
Dies Cuts: Papertrey Ink (Rosie Posie); Cricut Cartridge (Calligraphy Collection);
Misc.: American Crafts Thickers 

5 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

This is simply beautiful, Linda! The cut out letters and the glittered 16 with the gorgeous flowers -- swoon! I immediately think of my SU! Stippled Blossoms set when it comes to quick but beautiful cards. In fact, I was thinking about it just yesterday. I can't imagine I'll ever get tired of it.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

So pretty with the beautiful flowers, the pink and bit of sparkle, Linda! Happy birthday to your sweet girl!

Susan (rainy) said...

*GASP* Linda! This is so beautiful and sweet and feminine... Absolutely perfect for your sweet 16 year old. Time flies by so quickly, doesn't it. Enjoy the journey!

Susanne said...

Your card is every bit as pretty as she is. Happy belated birthday to her!

Jill said...

What a pretty card!