Saturday, March 1, 2014

Something Old, Something New: She Said...

I've been on a bit of a kick lately to use up some of my stash, but there's something about using up old product that doesn't excite me as much as using new. So starting today, I am introducing a new series on my blog. Yes, a series...as in more than one! Something Old, Something New will feature projects made from old products from my stash paired with newer, trendier finds. Today's layout uses two older Studio Calico kits that I got on sale along with enamel dots and Crate Paper's fabric polaroid frames. Here it is:

I snapped these pictures of Melissa shopping while on a trip to the mall last Summer. It seems that no matter what I have planned for the weekend, Melissa ambushes me finds an excuse to tell me she "needs" to go to the mall. Lucky for her, we live close to the biggest mall in New York state. Unlucky for me,everyone and there mother (I guess that means me) goes there on a Sunday so unless we plan to go early, traffic and parking woes ensue. Then there is the actual time spent in the mall, where I get to stare at the dressing room door while Melissahas fun trying on clothes. Do you understand why this is not my favorite thing to do on a Sunday! Thank goodness for my iphone and American Eagle which has stools in the fitting rooms?

The journal cards from the kit actually said "She Said" and "He Said". However, I used one of the label stickers included in the kit to cover up the "He" and replaced it with an "I" sticker from my stash. The cards work as both journaling and a title. Here's a closer look .



If you want to play along and create a project using both your old and new stash, leave a link in the comments below.

Supplies:
Cardstock: American Crafts
Patterned Paper, Stickers, Journaling Cards: Studio Calico Kit Add-Ons (Herald Square; Penn Station);
Embelishments: My Mind's Eye Enamel Dots; Maggie Holmes for Crate Paper polaroid frames; Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher

6 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

I know what you mean about using the old stuff... especially with all the new sitting there. But I love your fun page. I have an idea... hope to play along in your series. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda!
Just read your comment on my Fun Finds post on Moxie Fab World and decided to stop on by! Hope your daughter's event went well!
Totally loving your page, too! Totally giggling. Brings back mall memories! :)

Teri

Susanne said...

Kudos on using the old stuff, and even more kudos on doing a series. Cute page - I recognize those AC flower die-cuts. I should get onto using mine up as well.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Such a great idea for a series, Linda! Love how this page turned out. I love mixing the old in with the new. I figure if I still love it, it doesn't matter if it's still "in" or not. :)

Susan (rainy) said...

Made a card using an old retired SU set and some of my just purchased designer papers! http://rainy.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/2014/03/05/congratulations-2/

Leslie Miller said...

I remember when shopping and trying on clothes was one of the most important things in the world to me. I would have loved a huge mall at your daughter's age. She's lucky to have a patient and tolerant mom like you. Your page will bring back good memories some day. Love the idea of mixing old and new. I have a lot of each!