Thursday, December 30, 2010

Finding a New Use for Christmas Shopping Bags

Did you happen to notice all of the great shopping bags this holiday season? From Starbucks and Trader Joe's to Whole Foods and Bath & Body Works, it seemed that graphic artists had their mojo on this year when creating these beautiful bags. As I was cleaning up after Christmas I took another look at these bags and decided I couldn't part with any of them. Instead, I decided to create with them. First up, Bath & Body Works. Here's the bag:

Here's the card I made with it:
I die cut that cute little house border using a Spellbinder's Nestabilities. Next, I used Glossy Accents to adhere some Martha Stewart snow glitter to the image. I'm not usually a fan of glitter but the Glossy Accents seems to keep it all in place. I added a little more shine with Perfect Pearls. Here's a closer look:
After mounting the image with pop dots, I set it aside and stamped and embossed the snowflake background. To further the economies of this card, I used ribbon from a 5-pack that I picked up at Target today for 75% off the original price!

I'll have another card to share using the Starbucks bag in a few days. I think I will save the others for next year! In the meantime, I better go shopping to see what bags I can add to my stash!
Happy New Year!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Stampin' UP! (kraft); Papertrey Ink (white); American Crafts (red);
Stamps: Hero Arts (Snowflakes; Merry Christmas Trees):
Ink: Ranger (Jet Black); VersaMark;
Ribbon: Target;
Tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities (Classic Rectangles Large; Classic Scalloped Rectangles Large) Fiskars border punch (Scallop Sentiment);
Misc: Zing embossing powder (white); Perfect Pearls (white); Bath & Body Works shopping bag

1 comment:

Susan (rainy) said...

How cute and creative!! Such a fun sweet card.