Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Joy

I have one more Christmas card to share with you before the Christmas decorations come down. I bought the paper for this card about a year ago with my mother in mind. She loves angels so I thought this would make the perfect card for her. Here it is:

This was a very simple card and came together in a matter of minutes. I started by cutting my card base the width of the angel image. I cut three rows of coordinating scallops from two-sided patterned paper, inked the edges with distress ink and added them to the card base. I went around the rectangular frame with Diamond Stickles to add some shine, tied a bow and voila! My card was finished!

As for those Christmas decorations, I won't be ready to take them down until after January 6th!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Graphic 45 (Christmas Past)
Ribbon: EK Success Adornments (Tonal)
Misc.: Diamond Stickles
Tools: EK Success Slim Profile Border Punch (Double Embossed Dotted Lace)

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

And what a beauty it is! I just love all those layers of scallops, and the angels are adorable. Your Mom must have loved this card!