Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Card 2010 -- A Variation

Another quick post tonight to share the card I sent to my friends who celebrate Hanukkah. The card is a variation of my Christmas card. I apologize ahead of time for the poor picture quality. Sal got me a new camera for Christmas so hopefully the blog pictures will be better! Anyway, here is my card:
Again I used Basic Grey papers and relied more on the blues and browns for less of a Christmas-y feel. On the right side of card, I used a distressed blue paper which I stamped with brown snowflakes. I think I LOVE brown snowflakes! The snowman was paper pieced from a cut I made with Cricut's Winter Woodlands cartridge. You can't tell from the picture, but I added shine to the buttons with Glossy Accents and distressed the edges with ink. The eyes are brown pearls. Here's another open view of the card:
To answer a few questions that were left on the previous post, I made a total of 65 cards -- 60 with Christmas trees and 5 with snowmen. I started early in December and worked in an assembly line fashion. As for how long it took, the answer is way too long. LOL! The cards were all mailed (with the last few going out on Christmas eve) and my dining room table was ready for Christmas Day dinner with only a few hours to spare! All I can say is that it was a labor of love!

I'm already getting ideas for next year's card and have promised myself that I will start earlier! Now all I have to do is get Mark and Melissa to pose for a picture!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink Vintage Cream; Pure Poppy);
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey (Jovial; Figgy Pudding);
Stamps: Hero Arts (Merry Christmas Trees; Snowflakes);
Ink: Ranger (Coffee: Tim Holtz Distress (Antique Linen)
Ribbon: Papertrey Ink (Pure Poppy);
Tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities ( Large Classic Scalloped Rectangles); Cricut Cartridge (Winter Woodlands); EK Success punch (Vertical Slot);
Bling: Recollections

1 comment:

hanes132 said...

I'm honored that my comments from your last post shaped some of the dialogue for this post! LOL

So I finally took Paul's puppy-dog bday card, that you made, off the bookshelf (6months later), when it came time to replace it with the Christmas card! :)