Saturday, June 16, 2012

Wild Flower Birthday Wishes.

I have yet another card to share. This one is a one-layer card that was easy to mail -- if you don't count the pearls. Here it is:

To create this card, I cut cardstock to a standard size card and scored it at the top. Since I wanted to vary the colors of my flowers, I colored the stamp with markers and huffed on it right before stamping. I stamped the sentiment in black, distressed the edges of the card, rounded the corner, added the jewels and the card was done!

So, I seem to be favoring top-folds lately. Do other cardmakers out there gravitate to scoring cards in the same place or do you mix it up? Let me know in the comments.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Wintage Cream):
Stamp: Hero Arts (Wild Flower); Papertrey Ink (Think Big Favorites #&)
Ink: Stampin' Up markers (Rich Regals); Memento (Tuxedo Black): Tim Holtz Distress (Antique Linen);
Misc.: EK Success corner punch; ZVA pearl stickers.

4 comments:

Paula said...

Very pretty. Love the colors.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, Linda, this is sooooo beautiful! Clean and simple but with all that nice color. LOVE it! I really like vertical top fold cards, especially for designs with a vertical orientation. I notice people get confused about opening them, so I keep that in mind with who I'm sending it to. They sure look nice in a picture or on the desk top!

Jingle said...

This is absolutely beautiful!

Susan (rainy) said...

Gorgeous card!! And fabulous stamped design.. LOVE this!