Friday, June 1, 2012

Airmail Birthday Card

When I saw the JFK luggage tag stamp from Hero Arts for Studio Calico, I knew I had to have it. Not only do I live close enough to JFK airport to make this stamp a part of almost every vacation, but my brother-in-law used to work at JFK. Talk about the perfect stamp for those hard-to-make masculine cards! Here's my card:
Inspired by a sketch on the Hero Arts blog, I adhered a scrap of patterned paper that was loose in my scrap pile to my card base. The circles on that paper always reminded me of the globe in Pan Am's logo so I knew it would coordinate well with the travel theme I had in mind for this card. I added a stamped border to the top and bottom of the patterned paper using the Hero Arts Calico Borders set. I stamped the tag on a separate piece of card stock. After cutting it out, I attached it to a Maya Road chipboard airplane that was in my stash with some twine.

For the inside, I stamped the sentiment and added a trail of the cute planes from the Airmail set.
Supplies:
Cardstock: Neenah (Solar White);
Patterned Paper: Studio Calico;
Stamps: Hero Arts for Studio Calico (Airmail; Calico Borders);
Ink: Stampin; UP! (Crumb Cake; Soft Sky); Memento (Tuxedo Black):
Misc.: Maya Road chipboard plane; My Mind's Eye twine

3 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

What a fabulous design and clever card. Love it!

Jingle said...

This is wonderful! I love the airplanes in the sentiment on the inside! :-)

Leslie Miller said...

It couldn't be more perfect! Love that little chipboard airplane, too, and the stamping inside. Great masculine card!