Saturday, July 16, 2011

Ad-spiration

Mark is turning 16 in a little over a week. Yikes! A year of learning to drive, PSATs and college trips is upon us. Realizing this, I thought I would share a birthday layout I did last summer. Don't know why I never got around to posting it. The inspiration for the layout came from this advertisement for the Imaginisce paper:


When I saw those colorful papers, I just knew that this was a layout I wanted to scraplift. Since I didn't purchase all of the embellishments, I made my own. Here's my layout:

Let me walk you through some of the handmade touches I made for just pennies! The banner at the top of the page of the inspiration piece was actually two different packages of paper ribbons, one with flags and the other with the sentiment. I created my banner by fussy cutting a piece of patterned paper which I purchased at just a fraction of the cost. After stitching the banner string, I added the sentiment on foam adhesive.

I also didn't purchase the Springing Stackers so instead, I die-cut a circle, stamped random dots using the back of a patterned circle stamp and added a chipboard number to create the "Celebrate 4" embellishment.
I did purchase two Snag 'Em stamps at $1 each. I heat embossed the "Make a Wish" stamp on red cardstock to add another texture to the layout.
I stamped the "For Me" stamp three times and used paper piecing and foam dimensionals to create a custom embellishments.
Journaling reads:
7/99 -- Knowing how much you loved firetrucks, cousin Marie sent this for your birthday.

This layout is not all I made with my three pieces of patterned paper and two stamps. You can see the cards I created with this collection on this blog post.

Supplies:
Cardstock: American Crafts
Patterned Paper: Imaginisce (B-Day Bash);
Stamps: Imaginisce (B-Day Bash); Papertrey Ink (Label Basics); Technique Tuesday (The Family Circle);
Ink: VersaMark; Stampin' Up! (Riding Hood Red); Ranger (Coffee); Ranger Distress Ink (Vintage Photo);
Embossing Powder: American Crafts Zing! (white);
Pen: Stampin' Up! (Chocolate Chip);
Embellishments: Recollections;
Tools: EK Success Circle Punch.

2 comments:

Beth Hallgren said...

Awesome scraplift!!!

Susan (rainy) said...

Wow these are absolutely fabulous! Love the bright colors and the festive feel.