Sunday, October 31, 2010

No Tricks Here!

October has been an incredibly busy month so sadly, there was no Halloween crafting this year. In lieu of a Halloween card or layout, I have a three birthday cards to share. All were made with scraps of paper from the Imaginisce B-Day Bash collection plus Imaginisce Snag 'Em stamps. Here's a look at all of the cards:

I bought three 12x12 patterned papers from this line and in addition to making these cards, I also created a layout. I have used up just about every inch of paper. I have a few tiny scraps that I can probably use to make another card but other than that, it's all gone. I don't know if that's a good thing since I don't have to find room for it in my stash or a bad thing since I really love this paper. LOL!



The first card was inspired by Kristina Werner's card which you can see here: http://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog/?p=3865. Here's my take on Kristina's card:




I used Versa Mark ink to stamp my card stock with a Hero Arts background stamp and then used embossing powder. I punched all of the circles from leftover scraps of paper and adhered them to the card front. This is a great way to use up small scraps of paper. The orange stripe at the bottom of the card is a scrap that I had left over from CKC Make and Take. I embossed my sentiment and added bling to the candles for a little sparkle. Since this is a one-layer card, I cut a little slit in the fold of the card and threaded my ribbon through it. This is another tip that I have picked up form Kristina Werner!

Notice the blue circle with to the upper right of the sentiment. That was originally puched from a solid portion of the paper. I added the present using a Snag Em stamp and Versa Mark ink.


Now on to the second card:

For this card, I stamped my image twice -- once on white card stock and once on the blue pattered paper so that I could paper piece the package. I added the white faux stitching on the brown circle to ground the image and popped it on foam dimensionals for added impact. I also added brown faux stitching to the outside edge of the card to mimic the faux stitched circles in the patterned paper.


Finally, for my last card, I used a stamp set from Sassafras Lass. When I bought this set of arrow stamps, I knew that I wanted to stamp the entire set as one stamp to create a background so without taking any of the stamps off of the packaging sheet, I inked them up with brown ink and laid my paper on top of it. After pressing down for even coverage, I had an arrow background paper. I added the dots with a Hero Arts stamp and some Versa Mark ink for some added interest. This card was for my nephew's 30th birthday. I really wanted to say something "punny" but when that failed, I popped an arrow on foam dimensions and added a sentiment to the inside. Anyway, here's the card:


Well I hope I have made up for my lack of blogging by sharing three cards today. Stay tuned this week for the B-Day Bash layout featuring a very young Mark!


Supplies:
Cardstock: American Crafts (brown, white); Stampin' UP! (kraft);
Patterned Paper: Imaginisce (B-Day Bash);
Stamps: Imaginisce (B-Day Bash); Hero Arts (Raindrop Background); Sassafras Lass (This Way Arrows);
Ink: Versa Mark; Ranger (Coffee)
Embossing Powder: Stamp N Sstuff (Detail Clear); American Crafts Zing! (white);
Pens: Signo Gel (white): Stampin' Up! (Chocolate Chip);
Ribbon: Michael's (brown); American Crafts (gold);
Embellishments: Recollections rhinestones and pearls

1 comment:

Susan (rainy) said...

Wonderful use of the patterned paper. All three cards are super cute!