Monday, October 25, 2010

Papertrey Ink October Blog Hop

This month's Papertrey Ink Blog Hop is dedicated to creating a card to celebrate a winter holiday other than Christmas. Since I don't have any PTI winter themed sets nor do I have the Mazel Tov set, this was a challenge for me. However, after giving it some thought, I realized that I could create a Hanukkah cards by using one of the elements in the Vintage Labels Set. Here's my card:

To create the Star of David, I simply took the scroll with the straight line and stamped it to create two overlapping triangles. I love how the scrolled images came together in the middle to create a kaleidoscope effect. I added gems to the star where the lines intersected.
I created the blue mat using the Fleur De Lis Nestabilities. The first time I ran the paper through my Cuttlebug, the mat got stuck in the die and ripped when I removed it. To remedy the situation, I put waxed paper between the die and the paper before running it through my Cuttlebug. The paper came out of the die easily and the waxed paper pealed right off!
If you want to see more projects created for the Blog Hop, head over to http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2010/10/october-2010-blog-hop.html

Supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink;
Patterned Paper : Basic Grey (Granola)
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Vintage Labels)
Ink: Stampin' Up! (Night of Navy)
Tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities ( Labels One; Fleur De Lis); Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (Swis Dots); EK Success Punch (corner rounder);
Bling: Recollections

20 comments:

Leora said...

This is beautiful!

Keva said...

Oh wow! I LOVE how you created that Star of David. What a creative idea. The card is really beautiful.

Laura Isham said...

stunning card. So clean and crisp

Kelly S. said...

What a lovely Star of David you created! I love the way you used Vintage Labels for the frame, excellent hop card!

Dana said...

I LOVE how you made your star. So creative and beautiful :)

Jen Carter said...

This looks so cool! Great job on this card!

Gayatri said...

Lovely and very clever. Love it :)

Laurie HIMCR said...

Gorgeous card! Love the delicate frame and details! TFS!

Sue Lelli said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! LOVE the simple blue and white and the design is FAB!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun dry embossing details. Great job with the PTI challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Adele Fowler said...

gorgeous!! great star :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card....sweet, respectful...just stunning!

AllMyHobbies said...

What a gorgeous Star of David! Beautiful card.

pattylt said...

Beautiful card. I love the design and use of vintage labels and the Star of David came out so well. I will HAVE to try that! Thanks for some great inspiration!

merryf said...

Stunning card. And such a creative way to make a Star of David! I'm definitely going to have to try this.

Karen C. said...

This is stunning and such acreative use of the stamps.

Terri said...

Very cool. Love the way used the stamps to make the star.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Beautiful! Love your star of David.

Virginia L. said...

Saw your card from CREATE blog! Congrats!!What a COOL and fabulous design!

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommended by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.