Saturday, April 24, 2010

My Grads

When I graduated elementary school the same year that my sister graduated college, my parents gave us a joint party. Mark and Melissa's back-to-back graduation days last June also called for a joint celebration and a layout about my graduates. Here it is:

With the exception of the stamps, all of the supplies for this page are from Pink Paislee's new 365 Degree collection. I just love the colors of this collection and see myself buying more of it.

I started my layout by using the ledger as my base. This was the B side of the beautiful red and white patterned paper. Since I had only purchased one piece, I cut a square piece from the lower right corner since the hole would be covered with the circle paper. This was an economical move but I so wish I had bought another piece of this paper! Before adhering the red and white design to the ledger paper I used my exacto knife to fussy cut it.

Journaling reads: Two days, two graduations! Mark earned an award for outstanding achievement in computers. Melissa received the Music Excellence Award and the prestigious Superintendent's Award. I am proud of you both!

I definitely recommend getting the punch-out die cuts that go with this collection. I used four on this layout alone -- one for journaling, another to stamp the word "my" in the title...

...a third for Class of 2009, and the last one is popped in the lower right corner. I also liked the cork elements that you see below.


Finally, another new product I used on this layout is the Pink Paislee Artisan Elements. These self-adhesive embellishments feel a little like Silly Putty. In their raw state, they are white but you can ink them or paint them like I did.

Supplies
Patterned Paper, Punch- Out Die Cuts, Cork Embellishments, Chipboard Alphabet: Pink Paislee (365 Degrees)
Embellishments: Pink Paislee Artisan Elements (Swirls)
Stamps: Technique Tuesday (Initially Yours); Heidi Swapp (Alphabet)
Ink: Ranger (Black; Shabby Shutters Distress Ink)
Paint: Tim Holtz Distress Crackle (Shabby Shutters)

No comments: