Monday, February 1, 2010

One!

One! That's how old my great-nephew Thomas is turning today. And what better way to celebrate his birthday than with a card and a blog post telling you all about it. So, here's the card:

The inspiration for this card came from the striped Cosmo Cricket paper which was part of a 6x6 Mini Deck that I won on Debbie Olsen's blog a few weeks ago. Just so happens that two of the most recent Stampin' Up in colors were a perfect match so I created the truck and car border. (The blue vehicles were stamped with my favorite blue from the previous year's in-colors. ) While I had my inks out, I used Technique Tuesday stamps to create the random circle patterned paper you see behind the diecut.

To create the scalloped edge along the bottom of the card I first punched the border from a strip of paper. Next, I cut 3/4" off the base of the card. I put adhesive on the bottom of the inside front panel. After lining the punched border up with the bottom of the back panel, I closed the card, pressed along the edge where the adhesive was and voila!


You can't see it here but I also stamped a row of cars and trucks on the inside of the card as well.
Happy birthday, Thomas!
Supplies:
Card Stock: Stampin' Up! (Naturals Ivory, Crushed Curry)
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket (The Boyfriend)
Stamps: Inkadinkadoo (Baby Boy for truck and car); Technique Tuesday (Back Rounds Medium)
Ink: Stampin' Up! (Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry, Soft Sky, Soft Suede) Versa Magic (Tea Leaves)
Ribbon: Cosmo Cricket (Cogsmo)
Tools: Cricut (Graphically Speaking) EK Success Slim Edger Punch (Embossed Curve)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear G.A.L.,
What a great card! I hope it comes in the mail tomorrow . . . I can't wait to TASTE IT. Thanks for thinking of me--my mom especially loves the card!

Love,
Thomas

Noor Nahdi said...

Loved the alphabets arrangement. Your cards are gorgeous.