Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Once in a Century!

So what were you doing on July 8, 2009 at 10:11 a.m.? While reading various blogs this past summer, I saw a lot of scrappers preparing pages for this once-in-a-lifetime moment and decided to join in the fun. After all, what better way was there for me to tell the story of what Mark and Melissa did this past summer. So I took pictures (well actually I had Mark and Melissa reenact the moment) but sadly didn't get to the layout for a while. Finally, here's my layout called "07-08-09 @ 10:11":

First, can I just say that having a title with all numbers is a great way to use up some of your sticker stash. LOL!

Here are some details about the layout. I knew that I wanted to journal on this layout but I didn't want a strong journaling block so instead, I used the Jenni Bowlin tickets. The journaling reads: "It only happens once each century. Melissa was at field hockey camp & Mark was training for East Meadow High Cross Country."

I added texture to the layout by running the blue medallion paper through my Cuttlebug using a Swiss Dot embossing folder. I then lightly sanded the paper to make the dots pop. I used the Pink Paislee arrow sticker and added a Making Memories tiny alpha "w" to mark that this date happened on a Wednesday. I then added more tiny alphas to the top of the arrow to create my "Where Were You?" subtitle.

I added doodled rub-ons and some lines with a white gel pen to add a little touch of whimsy.

My visual triangle was completed by the "LIVE" Bingo card. I was thrilled that numbers 7 through 11 were on the card so I highlighted them with a stamp as if I was playing Bingo!

Melissa pointed out to me that I could do another layout like this next year on August 9th at 11:12 a.m. I just might do that!
Supplies
Patterned Paper: Pink Paislee (Captivating); Basic Grey (Recess)
Stamps: Technique Tuesday (Rounds Medium) -- back used to stamp Bingo card
Ink: Stampin' Up!; White Signo pen
Chipboard: Basic Grey (Offbeat)
Stickers: Pink Paislee (Captivating and Enchanting); Making Memories (Chloe's Closet Tiny Alphas)
Embellishements: Pink Paislee flower; Jenni Bowlin tickets and Bingo card;
Rub-ons: K&Company (Urban Rhapsody)
Tools: Cuttlebug (Swiss Dot embossing folder)


No comments: