Friday, April 10, 2009

Sew Simple

Whether I'm reading the latest issue of a scrapbook magazine or visiting one of my favorite blogs, I find myself admiring pages and cards that incorporate sewing. I love the added texture and design element it gives to a project. I think that any combination of sewing and paper crafting is sew (pun intended) beautiful! So, I finally decided to take the plunge when I was doing my Pool Play page.

I wanted a clean look for this page since these pictures of a nighttime swim were a little on the dark side so I decided on white card stock. I only used two wavy strips of my patterned paper. (I find myself doing this more and more lately.) To lay out my pictures, I followed the principle's I learned from the CKC Scheming Around class and then used the white space on my grid for a hand-stamped title. It was only at this point that I felt the page still needed something. I added the brads but this still was not quite enough. That's when I decided to add some stitching. I used the swirls on the Bazzill In Stitchz flourishes template and voila, my page was finished. I'm happy with how my paper, stamps font and stitching all complement each other.

Since completing this page, I have taken my needle and thread out for another layout. I guess you can say that I'm sew hooked!
Ingredients: American Crafts card stock; Making Waves by Flair Design patterned paper; Autumn Leaves stamps; Stampin' Up! ink, Signo pen, Imaginisce brads; Bazzill In Stitchz flourishes template; Bazzill piercing tool, DMC embroidery floss.

No comments: