Sunday, January 4, 2009

I'm Back...

...with a post from Christmas past. I did do a layout from this Christmas, which is something that I'm very proud of, actually, but I just didn't get the chance to take a picture of it. So after a long vacation of sleeping late and eating way too many Christmas cookies, here's my layout.

I always loved how the monuments seemed to fade into the sky while the colors of the subjects are so vibrant.
Here's a close-up of the beautiful Basic Grey paper and some of the embellishments. Can you believe that the velvet ribbon was something I got in the Dollar bin at Michael's? It matched the paper perfectly.! And the candy-striped ribbon was from my favorite local scrapbook store which went out of business in 2008. SIGH!

Oh, and about the title...it was created after many attempts with a very limited alphabet. Even with two brand new packages of these epoxy alpha stickers, I still couldn't spell out my first three titles. So, I just kept reworking it until I had one that worked for the limited number of stickers in my supply! I wish all manufacturers would think about commonly used letter when packaging alpha stickers.

If you love those snowflake brads, they are in the Clearance bin at Michael's this week. I paid full price for these but I picked up another package. Just a note, I added the rhinestone to the center.
Ingredients: Wausau Card Stock; Basic Grey Blitzen Collection; Making Memories Holly Berries; K & Company Christmas Cheer Brads; Technique Tuesday Tile; Holiday Cheer Epoxy Alpha Stickers; Imaginisce Warm Memories Rub Ons; Rhinestone Stickers; ColorBox Dark Brown Chalk ink; ribbon from my stash; Fiskars Leave It To Weaver Border Punch.

3 comments:

Cassie said...

Hi. Thanks for visiting my blog!
Your Christmas layout is lovely!
thanks for enabling me on the Snowflake brads.

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh my goodness, Linda, these are beautiful!! Love the layout.. the colors.. everything.

Niki Estes said...

I love this, Linda! Great colors, papers, and I love how many photos you have on the layout!