Saturday, January 24, 2009

At Sunset

Do you remember what paradise looked like from a few posts back? Well this is what it looked like at sunset. With the exception of one or two nights when a thunderstorm blew through (probably the remnants of Tropical Storm Faye) this layout depicts what I saw at sunset. Sal was always behind the lens of his camera, the kids were horsing around on the beach, and the sky was painted with the most beautiful colors! The pictures in this layout may not all be perfect but the memory is.

The papers are all from Basic Grey's Granola collection. Have I ever told you how much I love Basic Grey? LOL!! I cut the word "sunset" using my Cuttlebug dies. (This layout is BC -- before Cricut!) I didn't want the word "at" to have as much emphasis so I stamped it with my Technique Tuesday Endless Summer stamps. I inked the edges of the layered papers and even distressed the journaling strips for extra texture. Two of the shell die cuts and the middle paper are affixed with 3D foam squares to give the layer added dimension. (Sorry for the shadows on the picture)

Ingredients: Basic Grey paper; Deluxecuts embelishments (shells); Technique Tuesday Endless Summer stamps; Stampin' Up! ink and marker; Cuttlebug dies.

1 comment:

hanes132 said...

That is such a CUTE pic of Uncle Sal. :) I luv how it accents all of the beautiful sunset shots!