Saturday, October 3, 2015

Happy World Card Making Day 2015!

It was a happy World Card Making Day for me because, in between doing laundry and helping Melissa with her college applications, I found time to make a card! Here it is:


There's a lot of techniques on this one. First I stamped a mask onto scrap paper and cut it out. After positioning the mask of the car onto the water color paper, I pulled out the Tim Holtz Dot Fade stencil and applied distress ink --Weathered Wood on the top and Bundled Sage on the bottom. Next I stamped the car using VersaFine ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I prefer this method to using black embossing powder, which seems to have a mind of its own and wind up all over the card, no matter how careful I am. Next, I used Laura Basson's smooshing technique to add more color around the car. I still felt that the car needed to be grounded more so I used grey Zig Clean Color Real Brush pen and water to add a shadow under the car. Next, I used the Tim Holtz Distress Marker Spritzer Tool and a Black Soot distress marker to add some additional distressing. When I was done inking, I die cut a stitched rectangle using one of the Lawn Fawn dies. Finally, I used VersaMark ink and white embossing powder for the sentiment. I told you there were a lot of techniques!

Thanks to Scrapbook & Cards Today for this sketch, which I used as inspiration:


I'd love to see what you made on World Card Making Day. Leave a link!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Tim Holtz Water Color Paper; Simon Says Stamp (Black; Olive)
Stamps: Tim Holtz (The Journey); My Favorite Things (Chalkboard Greetings)
Inks: VersaFine; Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Weather Wood; Bundled Sage); Zig Clean Color Real Brush pen (grey); Tim Holotz Distress Marker (Black Soot)
Die: Lawn Fawn (Stitched Rectangles)
Misc.: Hero Arts Embossing Powder (Clear; White); Tim Holtz Distress Marker Spritzer; Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher; Tim Holtz stencil (Dot Fade); Lawn Fawn 

4 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Such a great masculine card, Linda! I struggle with them but manage to crank out a few here and there. So nice to see you blogging again. :)

cotnob said...

A fabulous card, a brilliant masculine design.
Pauline
x

Leslie Miller said...

That is a lot of techniques, and the end result is pretty fantastic! Great guy card, and they are so hard to make sometimes. This car is fabulous. My Rich would really love this card, as do I!

Susan (rainy) said...

Fabulous card!! I always love masking and this card is filled with some wonderful techniques. Awesome masculine creation.