Monday, August 17, 2015

I'm Back...Again

It's been almost a year -- well nine months to be exact -- since my last blog post. And, I miss blogging. But, life gets in the way. Work has been extremely busy and one of my responsibilities is writing my company's blog. So, between my regular writing deadlines and blog deadlines, I find that there's very little creativity left over to make something...let alone blog about it.

Then there's the picture taking. I always seem to miss the perfect natural light that will make a project pop right off the computer screen. Or, I am all set to take a picture and my battery is dead.  Or, I don't have the time to upload pictures. Frustrating, right?

So, I've decided to take a new approach to my blog and use edited photos off of my phone. GASP! This may be sacrilege to some but it's a matter of convenience. And, hopefully it will eliminate some of the roadblocks that have gotten in the way of me spending time here.

Today's share is a quick card I made using the July 2015 Simon Says Stamp card kit. It went to our friend Paul who, together with his family, joined us for a very memorable cruise to the Bahamas last Christmas.One of our favorite memories of the trip is of our Christmas Day excursion. We chartered a private boat for the eight of us, and went snorkeling and then anchored off a deserted island for some swimming. I hope this card brings back memories for our friend.

Here it is:

I used Tim Holtz water color paper, stamping my image on the smooth side. The waves are water colored with distress markers. (I inked just two random lines in the waves and then spread the color with the brush. The clouds were colored with a cool grey Copic and a blender pen.

And, just for fun, here's our view from that boat on Christmas morning. Who needs presents?


So, what do you think of my new approach to blogging? Leave a comment to let me know.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Tim Holtz Water Color Paper
Patterned Paper, Stamps, Die: Simon Says Stamp July 2015 Card Kit
Additional Supplies: Copic Marker, Distress Marker, Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangles

3 comments:

Joan V said...

Great card. I am sure your friend will love it. Welcome back to blogging land.

Leslie Miller said...

Hello, Linda! Going through my mass of emails that need attending and I found this which I had meant to come back to. Sounds like you are well familiar with the trials of juggling and being everywhere at once. Hoping someday soon I'll feel a little more under control, but I'm behind in everything. Your card is just darling and so nicely put together. I think that's always what makes the difference -- the care with which it's made. I love just about any kind of stamping with that in mind. What a wonderful trip you had. Just look at that blue, blue water. Gorgeous! Your phone photo looks good and, hey, you've got to do what's right for you at the time.

Susan (rainy) said...

Welcome back, Linda!! I love the card and the photo looks great. What a fabulous vacation that must have been. Your friend will love the reminder of such a wonderful time. It's great to have you back!