Saturday, May 17, 2014

Happy PINK Birthday

Recently I gave a PINK by Victoria Secrets gift card. Oh, how I love those hot pink and white polka dotted gift cards so I thought it would be fun to create a card to match.. Here it is:


To begin, I cut a standard A2 card, scored it, and adhered black and white washi tape to three sides. I cut another piece of white cardstock to measure 4" x 5 3/8". Using the Stamping Layering technique that I had seen Laura Bassen use in a recent Online Card Class, I stamped the the triangle background onto the white cardstock with white ink. Once that dried, I stamped the neon pink circles, overlapping some for added interest. See how the pink makes those triangles pop! After letting that dry, I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark ink and added black embossing powder. 

I decided that the polka dots needed something to ground them. Since I didn't have any pink cardstock in the right shade, I swiped the ink pad across a scrap to customize my own. I used a border punch to add the scalloped edge.After adhering it to the stamped image, I added a thin scrap of black cardstock for a finished look.

Finally, I felt that I needed a little more black so I used the outline stamp on the medium circles. I used foam adhesive to adhere to the card front. Here's a closer look!

I hope Victoria Secret's approves!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill (Marshmallow); Papertrey Ink (Black);
Stamps: Hero Arts (Tiny Flags; Many Dots); Papertrey Ink (Think Big Favorites #12);
Ink: Color Box (Frost White); Hero Arts (Neon Pink); VersaMark;
Tools: Fiskars border punch (Scallop Sentiment);
Misc.: Zing embossing powder (black); Sandy Lion washi tape.

7 comments:

Susanne said...

This bubbly card is fantastic - will certainly make the recipient happy.

Leslie Miller said...

That is one cute and bright card -- perfect for a happy birthday and as a companion for the gift card! It is, indeed, amazing how the pink makes the triangles pop. I was looking and wondering about those circles -- paper? stamps? how do they turn out like that? Glad you explained. Very cool! Love the design with the peeking polka dot edge and the scalloped border. The grounding was a great idea, too. Super cute, Linda!

Jennifer Grace said...

Oooh, this looks really cool! I love how the pink circles look on top of the triangles, and the black circles on top of some of the pink circles is a really awesome finish touch! x

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

How fun is this? Loving all of the circles and my favorite color combo to boot! :)

Susan (rainy) said...

This is perfect, Linda! Such a darling and fun card.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun & pretty! I love it!

Annette Allen said...

oh wow loving all the pink and what a fun stamped background.. awesome card..

Thanks for stopping by my blog..
Happy crafting