Friday, January 3, 2014

Wishing you JOY

I know I am a bit late but Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Christmas preparations were a bit harried this year as I tried to deal with year-end deadlines at work, a shortened holiday prep season thanks to Thanksgiving falling so late, and, did I mention that both Mark and Sal came down with a virus a few days apart which had them each laid up with a high fever. Of course this meant extra laundry and bathroom cleaning as I hoped to keep Melissa and myself healthy for Christmas. Needles to say, with all of that going on, the old blog went neglected. But I am back with renewed vigor to give this blog some regular attention this year. After all, my One Little Word is FOCUS. That means in 2014 I will:

  • Focus on eating better.
  • Focus on exercising more. 
  • Focus on crafting more. 
  • Focus on blogging regularly -- at least once a week.
  • Focus on finishing unfinished projects.
  • Focus on trying new recipes.
  • Focus on sticking to more regular work hours even though that is sometimes hard since I work from home.
  • Focus on reading at least one book a month.
  • Focus on pinning less and doing more.
  • Focus on organization.
  • Focus on deleting old e-mails so that my inbox never gets up to 1,500+ again.
  • Focus on using more of my scrappy stash and buying less.
  • Focus on mailing cards days early instead of days late.
  • And, most importantly, focus on the people I love most -- my family. 

While I don't make New Year's resolutions, that is my intent for 2014. Wish me luck!

I will leave you with the Christmas card I made this year. After staying up until all hours of the night in years past, I kept it simple. I adhered a 4x6 photo to the front of a kraft card base and added the Papertrey Ink die cut. I let the Stampin' Up! glimmer paper shine all on its own.  Here it is:


Thanks for reading! Happy New Year!

7 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a beautiful Christmas card Linda! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Great card. Love its simplicity :)

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Love how your card turned out. I like your focus on intentions vs. resolutions. :)

Leslie Miller said...

What a beautiful Christmas card, Linda! You all make a lovely family. I'm so glad I made mine ahead this year. Saved a lot of time. You have good and honorable intentions for 2014. I think focus is key. Happy new year!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Looks fabulous!

Susan (rainy) said...

LOVE the card, Linda. What a super idea. Great picture of the family!

Happy New Year!

Susanne said...

Great looking family shot on your card. And except for the one about work hours, I could stand to do all those things too.