Sunday, April 14, 2013

Thank You So Much -- Simon Says Stamp March Card Kit

I have a quick card share today because, frankly, this was a quick card to make.  I needed to make six thank you cards for Melissa and they all had to be mailed so an easy, one-layer design was key.  Here's whatIi came up with:



The left side of the card is a pattern paper strip layered over yellow-striped washi tape. It's so easy to mass produce with washi tape since no measuring or cutting is involved: For the sentiment, I started by stamping the yellow scallop border. I layered the sentiment on top of that and then added the flowers and dots. i added a twine bow to the left. Finally, just because I had to add a little something extra, I filled in the center of the flowers with Liquid Pearls.  And, because my collection of washi tape is growing, I thought I would use some to decorate the flap of the envelopes. Here's a closer look: 


Once I designed the card and cut the card stock and patterned paper, I spent five minutes making each card. Once again, the card kit totally simplified my choices.

Supplies:
Simon Says Card Kit (March 2013) plus ink (Papertrey Ink); Ranger Liquid Pearls; and My Mind's Eye twine.

8 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is so pretty. Such a fun color combo. So nice to find a new blog to read via 2Peas. I'm off to sign up as a follower. :)

Unknown said...

Simple, yet, awesome! I love it~

Jennifer Grace said...

Gorgeous card, I love how the title and scalloped border are layered up! x

Christina Collins said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Love the color combo.

Amy said...

Love this card, so pretty and like others have said..it's a fabulous color combo!

Danielle said...

Another fabulous card you've made with this kit! Love the colors and the clean style!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I like this! So perky and cute. It's missing nothing in its simplicity. Love the little sprinkling of flowers around the sentiment. Perfect!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

What a sweet card, Linda! :)