Sunday, May 13, 2012

Local Color

I am OFFICIALLY tired of Christmas! There, I said it! It's true that I LOVE Christmas. It's my favorite holiday of the year. But, working on my December Daily all Spring and then posting those pages here on my blog has really started to affect my Christmas spirit...I mean scrapping mojo. That's why this weekend, I took out the brightest papers I could find and scrapped a NON-Christmas layout. Here it is:
To create this layout, I used a sketch from Valerie Salmon's "Got Sketch?" blog. The layout also fits Kelly Goree's Old, New Borrowed & Cool challenge.
  • Old: American Crafts Margarita patterned papers, flairs and rub-ons; SEI and Me & My Big Ideas letters; Little Yellow Bicycle buttons and Stampin' Up! scallop circle punch. (Yes, I really shopped my stash for this layout!)
  • New: Elle's Studio Tags.
  • Borrowed: Valerie Salmon's sketch.
  • Cool: Colorful banner made from twine and scallop circle punch.
Journaling reads: Upon returning from our shore excursion, we came upon a group of street performers dancing the flamenco.

Supplies:
Cardstock: American Crafts;
Patterned Paper, Rub-ons, Flair Buttons: American Crafts (Margarita);
Letters: SEI (Grapefruit); Me & My Big Ideas ();
Journaling Tags: Elle's Studio;
Embelishments: buttons (Little Yellow Bicycle -- Zinnia); twine (The Twinery -- Pink Sorbet );
Tools: Stampin' Up Scallop Circle punch; Spellbinders Nestabilities (Lotus Pendants);

4 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

Beautiful!! So bright and happy and fun. Love it.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, gosh, that's so cool! I love your letters and the scallop punch swag border and all the COLOR! And all the little extras and the fabulous photos. This is so beautifully done, Linda, with every detail in perfect harmony. Makes me happy!

Pamela said...

I LOVE this!!! :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a fun page! Love the colors... perfect for the theme!