Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Christmas Thank You

What a nice surprise I had in the mail a few weeks before Christmas when my cousin sent me the gift that every crafter covets: a Michael's gift card. And the only thing better than getting a Michael's gift card is knowing that it is actually worth twice as much as it says because who,after all, buys anything at Michael's without a 50% off coupon. (Yes, I even turn up my nose on those 40% off coupons and patiently wait for the 50% off coupon that inevitably shows up!) So, with such a wonderful scrappy gift in mind, I knew I had to make a crafty thank you card. Mind you, not one product used on this card came from Michael's but I don't think my cousin will know. Here's my card:


I knew I wanted to play along with Ellen Hutson's Hero Arts Cling Take 'N Make Challenge so I pulled the wrapper off of the Indie Bloom Hero Arts Star Blooms Background Cling Stamp. (I did forget to take a picture of the card with the stamp before mailing it. Oops!) I was also anxious to use the new seasonal distress inks from Tim Holtz so I decided on an embossed resist technique. I inked up my background stamp with Versa Mark and heat embossed with White Zing. Next, I swiped some of the Festive Berries and Evergreen Bough inks on my mat, spritzed with a little water mixed with Liquid Pearls and began painting in the image with my aqua brush.
To finish off the card, I wrapped some twine around the card, stamped the sentiment on the die cut piece and affixed to the card using foam adhesive, and scattered some rhinestone stickers for a little added bling!

Supplies
Cardstock: Neenah (Solar White); Papertrey Ink (Pure Poppy);
Stamp: Hero Arts (Star Blooms) Papertrey Ink (Mat Stack 1 Collection);
Ink: Versa Mark; Tim Holtz Distress (Festive Berries; Evergreen Bough);
Misc.: Zing embossing powder (white); Martha Stewart twine; Recollections rhinestone stickers

4 comments:

Beth Hallgren said...

You make the most Amazing cards!

Susan (rainy) said...

Have always loved the emboss resist technique. Fabulous design.. wonderful card, Linda.

hanes132 said...

So Cute!! :)

Leslie Miller said...

Ooooh, pretty! You made those blooms look like peppermint flowers! A perfect Christmas thank you card!