Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Welcome Beautiful Fall

This past week was a hectic one. I was busy taking Melissa to see this fabulous concert:

Then, a day later, I was busy preparing this:
And the day after that, I was up early to do this:
I did, however, manage to squeeze in a night of scrapping before Thanksgiving week. Here's my layout:
This layout is pretty clean and simple for me which, I guess, depicts the frame of mind I was in when I created it. Kind of like the calm before the storm, so to speak. Under the pictures, I stamped a line of text using the Technique Tuesday Studio AE stamps from October and the limited edition Tim Holtz distress inks. Love them both!

I was scrapping at a friend's house and realized I didn't bring any letters to create a title. Oh, what's a scrapper to do? Luckily, I had a bin of Fall goodies with me so I paired the "Welcome" and "Beautiful" die cut pieces from the Little Yellow Bicycle collection with the "Fall" Flair from American Crafts' Nightfall Collection. Here's a closer look:

I kept the journaling simple by combining a rub-on with a hand-written note.

The most important thing I learned from doing this layout is that rub-ons do come off. I had added some rub-ons of brown leaves to the green paper and immediately felt that they drew the eye away from my pictures. When I googled how to remove them, I learned that adhering scotch tape to the top of the rub-on (repeating as needed) did the trick. Imagine that! You just have to love Google!

Supplies:
Patterned Paper and Die Cuts: Little Yellow Bicycle (Hello Fall!);
Stamps: Technique Tuesday (Studio AE -- Give Thanks by Ali Edwards): Papertrey Ink (Label Basics);
Ink: Tim Holtz Autumn Seasonal Distress Ink (Gathered Twigs, Seedless Preserves); Stampin' Up! (Dusty Durango);
Embellishments: American Crafts Flair (Nightfall); Me & My Big Ideas rub-ons;
Tools: Papertrey Ink Die (Label Basics); Spellbinders Nestabilities 9Scallop Rectangles Large); Fiskars Border punch (Scalloped Sentiment); White Signo Gel Pen.

1 comment:

Beth Hallgren said...

We love Taylor Swift(my daughter and I)! Love the stamping. An adhesive eraser also works.