Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cloudy With A Chance of Balloons

Just a quick post tonight to share a card I did for a Melyssa's challenge over at ShortCuts. The challenge was to showcase clouds on a card. You can see all the entries here: http://sheetloadshortcuts.blogspot.com/2009/09/melyssas-cloud-challenge.html. Here's my take on the challenge.


To create my clouds I cut out a scallop circle using my Stampin' Up! punch. I then inked around the scallops (moving it as I went along to create various cloud shapes as I went along) with distress ink. Easy peazy!


After stamping my balloons, I cut them out and applied Glossy accents for a little shine. I used a foam pop dot on the center balloon to add extra dimension. This card is going to my friend's son for his 10th birthday but the design could easily work for a get well wish.

Ingredients: Stampin' Up! card stock (Whisper White and Dusty Durango); Stampin' Up! ink (Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry, Wild Wasabi and Chocolate Chip); Tim Holtz Distress ink (Broken China for clouds); Stampin' Up! stamps (Birthday Whimsy); punches(Stampin' Up! Scallop Circle and EK Success corner rounder); Inkssentials Glossy Accents; twine from my stash.

1 comment:

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Linda! Thanks for sharing your blog with the Moxie Fab World!

~Cath