I needed to make a lot of cards last week and had very little time to do it. So, inspired by a card a saw in CARD magazine, I created this one. I switched out the sentiment to fit my needs and went to work on a card-making assembly line!
I tried a new technique that I learned from Jennifer McGuire's Thinking Inking class to make the butterfly super shiny. (You can view a video and the pdf at http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/mb.asp?cmd=display&forum_id=52&thread_id=2832083 .) After punching out the butterfly, I stamped the entire surface with VersaMark ink, sprinkled it with embossing powder and set it with my heat gun. Now, here's where the new technique comes in! While the butterfly was still hot, I sprinkled it with more embossing powder and heat set it again. In total, I probably used five or six layers of embossing powder to achieve an acrylic-like look on the butterfly. Here's a close-up of the butterfly.
Ingredients: Stampin' Up! card stock; Basic Grey patterned paper (Romani); Martha Stewart Butterfly punch; Cuttlebug embossing folder (Swiss Dots); Technique Tuesday stamps (Simple Sentiments); EK Success corner rounder; bling from Michael's; black ink; twine from my stash.