Thursday, October 2, 2008

Latest and Greatest -- Part 2

The Fall weather is finally here and with it, thoughts of Halloween. So here's the Halloween layout I started at the Latest and Greatest workshop at CKC Valley Forge and finally completed over the weekend.


Journaling reads: Halloween Checklist: *Costumes *Friends to Trick-or-Treat with * Candy *Smiles all around!


One tip I picked up at the workshop was to tear my two pieces of patterned paper at the same time that way they would line up when I layered them.

Anyone who knows me knows that Halloween is far from my favorite holiday. Halloween of 1998 was, however, without a doubt, one of the best! Mark was very into firetrucks that year so I decided to make him a fireman's costume complete with his own firetruck to "drive." He played with that costume for weeks after until I passed it along to a friend for her sons to use. And, of course, where would a fireman be without his dalmation? Doesn't Melissa look cute!





All supplies from this layout, with the exception of the flocked Making Memories Halloween words, are Imaginisce. I kept my layout close to the page map given out in class. I did, however, add the 4 X 6 picture on the first page along with those two pieces of orange scrap card stock to anchor it. I also put my ghost medallion on pop dots to give it more of a 3-D effect.

With less than 16! hours to go until CKC Hartford, I doubt I will get my other two Latest and Greatest layouts finished. So stay tune next week. I'll be cropping this weekend to complete my Valley Forge and Hartford projects!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great paper-tearing technique. The kiddies are adorable!