Saturday, September 27, 2008

Feeling Blue

Actually, I'm feeling anything but blue today. A little tired, maybe, but with two new layouts under my belt and less than a week to go until CKC Hartford, my creative mojo has never been better! I can't wait to share the layouts I did last night but before I get to that, I want to share an oldie -- and now a goodie. You see, I've been going back and looking at my old scrapbooks and as I'm learning new techniques and aquiring new materials, I've been tinkering a bit.



I completed the "Feeling Blue" layout about six months ago. I always liked the use of white space and bling but still felt that something was missing. The other night it hit me. This layout was missing the journaling. Since I went to CKC Valley Forge, I've been trying to make my layouts more about the story and not just the pictures. So here it is -- the story of our night at Blue Man Group.

Journaling reads: Three blue mimes entertained us on our last night of vacation. Highlights of the show included: fantastic percussion music, a spotlight on late arrivals, a toilet paper mosh pit and meeting Blue Man Group!

I'm not one to use a lot of bling but I love the square framing Mark and Melissa. Also, I usually hand write my journaling so I think the computer-printed journaling adds an interesting design element and helps anchor the page.

Ingredients: DCWV cardstock; Stampin' Up! Headline Alphabet and Small Alphabet stamps; Stampin Up! Brilliant Blue and Basic Black inks; Heidi Swapp bling.

No comments: